Ubuntu Mobile is the latest version of ubuntu, and it’s ready now.
Ubuntu mobile provide some new features and advance software inside those OS.
Ubuntu Mobile is an Ubuntu edition that targets an exciting new class of computers called Mobile Internet Devices.
Ubuntu Mobile, based on the world’s most popular Linux distribution, and MID hardware from OEMs and ODMs, are redefining what can be done in mobile computing.
Ubuntu Mobile, a fully open source project, gives full Internet, with no compromise. Custom options may include licensed codecs and popular third-party applications.
- Full Web 2.0/AJAX fidelity, with custom options of Adobe Flash®, Java, and more
- Outstanding media playback so you can enjoy videos, music and photos with superior quality and easy navigation
- A suite of applications that work seamlessly to meet every need of a digital parent, student or anyone who is on-the-go
- Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Dailymotion, 3D games, GPS, maps, in short, the full Web 2.0 experience delivered into your hands as a compact and powerful device that’s easy and fun to use
All inside the Ubuntu mobile are works well and this is some screenshots:
And these are some requirements for using ubuntu mobile:
- Small size/form factor
- 4 to 7 inch touch screen
- Physical and/or virtual keyboard
- Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, WiMAX
- 2GB to 8GB Flash or disk storage, 256MB+ memory/512MB+ recommended
- OpenGL 3D
- USB, camera, head phone jack, speakers, microphone
And Ubuntu Mobile is really customizable and you can customize your icon and things inside those ubuntu mobile.
If you have a smart phone that have those spec, like Sony Ericsson P990i(it works well) you can try to install ubuntu mobile into those phone if you intrested.
Places to get started:
- For information about Ubuntu Mobile, see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded
- For information about Intel’s MID Linux Moblin project, see http://moblin.org
- For more information about Ubuntu Mobile, download the datasheet.