Antivirus for Linux
Every Linux forum that I joined are have some of Linux antivirus thread, and people are just laughed thoseYES, I know… Linux is really secured and the windows viruses are cannot break into Linux system (some virus can). But, there’s nothing wrong if I give some list of free antivirus and shareware antivirus. I do it because it seems some newbie needs those things. newbie. I think this antivirus is only work to search the windows virus and for make your workstation more secured. And these are some Anti Virus List:
* AVG Antivirus Avg is one of the most popular free antivirus, with the best capabilities to terminate and clean the virus. AVG is one of my favorite antivirus both for windows and Linux.
* Avast! Antivirus Avast is also one of the best free antivirus, it can handle many viruses and with their free mail scanner make this antivirus is one of the popular antivirus. This antivirus is available both for windows and linux. Download here
*Panda Antivirus Panda Antivirus for Linux is an antivirus for Linux servers and desktops. It is an antivirus designed to be managed from the command line or console. To do this, an executable called PAVCL will be used. Download here
* F-PROT Antivirus Antivirus that also designed for Linux server/ Linux workstations and it works properly. Download here
* Clam Antivirus Clam AntiVirus is an open source (GPL) anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library. Download here
* Kaspersky Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux Workstation is a two-part solution designed to protect workstations. The first module, the on access protection, is integrated with the operating system and checks file modified files (either new or amended files), thereby ensuring real-time protection of the system without significantly increasing server load. Download here
* Norman Antivirus In line with this Norman has developed a new antivirus application for Linux, offering both On-access and On-demand scanning of files residing on the servers or workstations. The Norman Virus Control (NVC) for Linux is compatible with all major Linux distributions. Download here (shareware)
More Update! Special thx to
* Free avira antivirus for unix system Avira antivirus providing the up2date updates and has a capabilities to scan and remove a ton of viruses, avira also capable to scan the mail via evolution and kmail. Download here
* BitDefender Antivirus The award-winning BitDefender technologies in a variety of desktop products ranging from the simple to the expert provide all the security you’ll ever need. Download here
* Sophos (shareware) Sophos Endpoint Security and Control provides integrated cross-platform virus and spyware detection on non-Windows servers, desktops and laptops. The powerful detection engine scans all potential entry points for full network protection. Download here
Well, that’s only a few antivirus from a ton of them… But, there some note… during my 3 years experience with Linux, I’d never saw a single of viruses infected into my Linux PC, and in my opinion, there NO NEEDED ANTIVIRUS FOR LINUX. Comments for suggestion and criticism are OK.