Hello, right now I’m gonna make a review post of my top 3 CD/DVD Burner software for Linux. And I also gonna give you the download links and my opinion with each software. Ready? Let’s roll out.
The GnomeBaker offers many features for authoring CDs that surpass the basic Nautilus CD/DVD burning capabilities. Among these are the possibility to create an audio cd from existing sound files and other useful things. An overview of available functions is given here:
- Create data CDs.
- Blank RW disks.
- Burn DVDs.
- Copy data CDs.
- Copy audio CDs.
- Support multisession burning.
- Record to and burn from existing CD ISO images.
- Can burn via SCSI and ATAPI on Linux kernels 2.4 and 2.6. Basically if
cdrecordworks, then GnomeBaker will work.
- Drag and drop to create data CDs (including drag and drop to/from the Nautilus file manager).
- Create audio CDs from existing WAV, MP3, FLAC, and Ogg files.
- Integrate with GConf for storage of application settings.
Well, gnomebaker works just like Nero works. Download and install Gnomebaker at (tuxsoftware) . I like this software and this is one of my favorite cd burning software.
Well, the number 2 of my top CD/DVD burner software is K3B. Gnome has it’s own burner software and KDE also has 1 burner software named K3b. K3B (from KDE Burn Baby Burn) is a CD and DVD authoring application for the KDE desktop environment for Unix-like computer operating systems. It provides a graphical user interface to perform most CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio files or copying a CD/DVD, as well as more advanced tasks such as burning eMoviX CD/DVDs. It can also perform direct disc-to-disc copies. The program has many default settings which can be customized by more experienced users. The actual disc recording in K3b is done by the command line utilities cdrecord or wodim, cdrdao, and growisofs. As of version 1.0, K3b features a built-in DVD ripper.
To download and install this software: (tuxsoftware)
The popular and very easy to use CD/DVD burning application for the Gnome desktop. Capable of burning on the fly audio cds, data cds, and data dvds. You can use an iso or create the directory tree to accomplish video dvd burning with ease.
To download and install this software:(tuxsoftware)
4. Nero Linux 3
Nero Linux 3 is the definitive burning application for the Linux operating system. Based on the award-winning current Nero Burning ROM platform, Nero Linux 3 is the most powerful and versatile burning application available for Linux, and the only application to offer Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD data burning support.
Experience the most comprehensive burning application for the Linux OS
- Enjoy the same functionalities as in the newest version of Nero Burning ROM
- Burn data using any optical disc format, including CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and HD DVD
- Ensure a quick and easy setup using SmartDetect automatic drive support
- Manage your music collection with integrated audio capabilities such as high speed digital audio extraction and FreeDB, which automatically searches for disc information over the Internet
Download and installation(Shareware): Link
Well…. That’s all of my top 4 CD/DVD Burner software reviews. I hope it will help people who searching for this. Regards.