VLC Media Player 0.9.2 Ubuntu Installation
Recently, I just found that VideoLAN team has released their new VLC media player 0.9.2 Grishenko. I saw at their official website that this new software has a lot of new feautures for media player and streaming. VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
Here is the installation method for ubuntu 8.04:
1. If you already had installed the VLC media player inside your ubuntu, remove it by typing:
2. Add a new repositories: Open System > Administration> Software Sources > Third-Party Software. Click the “add” button to add a new repositories and paste this code:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/c-korn/ubuntu hardy main
4. Install VLC! By typing: sudo apt-get install vlc
That’s all! You can play almost all of the video format like MPEG4, WMV, FLV, and OGG.
Almost forgot, here are some free TV streaming service for indonesian visitors, you can watch RCTI, SCTV, Metro TV, and transTV(for streaming, click file menu->and open network stream):
1. RCTI: rtsp://220.127.116.11/broadcast/rcti
2. SCTV: rtsp://18.104.22.168/broadcast/sctv
3. Metro TV: mms://22.214.171.124/metro
4. Trans TV: mms://126.96.36.199/transtv
Enjoy! Please share if you have more information with other TV stations streaming service by posting a new comments!