We all know that as default the Apache HTTP Server will ping to port number 80 . What we have to do when a situation of changing this post number comes? Lets see some simple steps for this…
1. Assume that your new port number is 81
2. Go to terminal and type: cp /etc/httpd/ports.conf /etc/httpd/ports.conf_backupgedit /etc/httpd/ports.conf
3. Find this line- Listen 80
4. Replace with the following line : - Listen 81
5. Save it
6. Go to terminal and type: /etc/init.d/httpd restartApache HTTP server, Linux
And that’s all you need to do to change the port number, you also can use this method for other Linux distribution.