Alright, now I’m gonna post a tutorial to install Back In Time in Ubuntu. Its a very useful software to backup and restore your Ubuntu encase if there’s any problem with your Ubuntu. Back In Time acts as a “user mode” backup system. This means that you can backup/restore only folders you have write access to (actually you can backup read-only folders, but you can’t restore them). And now, here are the steps to install Back In Time.
1. Edit your sources.list file by typing:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
2. Add this following command into your sources.list:
deb http://le-web.org/repository stable main
Then save and exit.
3. Add GPA key information from the terminal:
sudo apt-key add le-web.key
4. Update your repositories by typing:
sudo apt-get update
5. Install Back In Time!
sudo apt-get install backintime-common backintime-gnome
6. And you’re set to go! You can found Back In Time in System Tools>Back In Time