Free Linux e-book to download.
Note: You download it at your own risk, individual use only.
AFL is not associated with the ebooks uploaders.
Free Linux e-book to download.
Ubuntu Unleashed 2011 Edition: Covering 10.10 and 11.04, 6th Edition:
Addison-Wesley (10-2010) | PDF | 400 pages | 0321741234 | 2.6Mb
The Android Developer’s Cookbook: Building Applications with the Android SDK (Developer’s Library) /by James Steele and Nelson To. Want to get started building applications for Android, the world’s hottest, fast-growing mobile platform? Already building Android applications and want to get better at it? This book brings together all the expert guidance–and code–you’ll need!
Completely up-to-date to reflect the newest and most widely used Android SDKs, The Android Developer’s Cookbook is the essential resource for developers building apps for any Android device, from phones to tablets.
Proven, modular recipes take you from the absolute basics to advanced location-based services, security techniques, and performance optimization. You’ll learn how to write apps from scratch, ensure interoperability, choose the best solutions for common problems, and avoid development pitfalls. Coverage includes:
* Implementing threads, services, receivers, and other background tasks
* Providing user alerts
* Organizing user interface layouts and views
* Managing user-initiated events such as touches and gestures
* Recording and playing audio and video
* Using hardware APIs available on Android devices
* Interacting with other devices via SMS, web browsing, and social networking
* Storing data efficiently with SQLite and its alternatives
* Accessing location data via GPS
* Using location-related services such as the Google Maps API
* Building faster applications with native code
* Providing backup and restore with the Android Backup Manager
* Testing and debugging apps throughout the development cycle
Ubuntu Unleashed 2011 Edition: Covering 10.10 and 11.04, 6th Edition
* Install and configure Ubuntu
* Get all your system’s devices and peripherals up and running
* Configure and customize your graphic user interface
* Manage Linux services and users
* Secure your machine and your network from intruders
* Configure a firewall
* Share files with Windows users using Samba
* Get productive with office tools
* Use multimedia programs
* Play games
* Set up and run various types of servers
* Learn the basics of several programming languages
* Learn how to write a software application quickly
* Participate in Ubuntu QA testing
* Tune your system for maximum performance
* Learn to manage and compile the kernel and modules
Only a quick update since the request of the newest Linux Journal has flooded my comment approval zone.
To download the latest Linux Journal, please refer to this link:
Beginning Linux Programming, Third Edition
Publisher: Wrox | ISBN: 0764544977 | edition 2004 | PDF | 888 pages | 11,3 mb
Hey guys, now I’m gonna share an e-book of Linux magazine named Linux Journal. This is the newest august 2009 version. And inside that magazine, you can read a lot of new information regarding to the Linux world. Enjoy!