Microsoft Windows news and review
Microsoft Windows news and review
Mozilla has released their newest browser, Firefox 6.0.
It seems to be really quick since Firefox 5.0 is released only a couple of days ago, but Firefox 6 is finally on the way out – and this is the final official release of Firefox 6. To be frankly, I’m not as overjoyed as the previous firefox 4.0 release. But here you go..
Alright guys, its time to upgrade your Firefox into the latest one(3.5), now I’m gonna provide some simple steps to install Firefox 3.5:
We all know that as default the Apache HTTP Server will ping to port number 80 . What we have to do when a situation of changing this post number comes? Lets see some simple steps for this…
I found some pretty interesting videos about the new microsoft technology named microsoft surface. And I think people is overrated about this new technology. But, I will give a little review about this thing although this is a linux blog . Hope nobody complain about this .
One word that I can said. WOW. I can’t describe it with other word , it’s only WOW. Seemed Microsoft has done a new revolutionary technology that can make tech life so simple. This smart desk can automatically recognize our digital media and I think that’s a pretty revolutionary breakthrough of touch screen technology. But, the touchscreen technology seemed already adopted by Apple Computer. Let’s we see the other videos about the Macbook touch that scheduled will be release in 2009.
Even, Microsoft Surfaces enabled you to order a bottle of wine and food, you also can customized the wine that you wants to order like the density, the body, the depth and other. After the wine is come, just simply put it into the virtual coaster, and after that the Microsoft Surface will identified your wine and will give you more information about those wine. After you finished the food and wine, you can pay it by just put your credit card into the microsoft surface and you also can give a tip to the waiter if you wants with it.
It’s a good technology for the future. You can touch a digital content with your hand and it’s a great advancement for user to feel the whole new digital content. It’s not available to buy right now, it’s only a parody for today, but I think it will available shortly in about late 2008 to 2010 after win7. The prices?? The machine costs between 5000$ to 10.000$ !!
Now, what would Apple do to challenge this new Microsoft plan or products? What would apple do to trump Microsoft’s Surface computing initiative? Try to see this article as well, it’s pretty interesting and it reveal a lot of facts behind the Microsoft’s .
Well, after seen much things about this “new” technology, what do you think about it? Share your comments here!
About Office 2007
Office 2007 is the latest release of microsoft office for windows. It has a lot of features like ribbon interfaces that enabled users quickly can find the menu that they wants. And formerly known as Office “12″ in the initial stages of its beta cycle, it was released to volume license customers on November 30, 2006 and made available to retail customers on January 30, 2007. These are, respectively, the same dates Windows Vista was released to volume licensing and retail customers.
But, what people know is, microsoft office 2007 CAN’T BE INSTALLED IN LINUX . Well, I finally found some useful method to install office 2007 in linux/ubuntu.
Well, this installation is using wine 1.0 with windows version that emulated is windows xp.
1. Before the installation, make sure you ALREADY HAD CROSSOVER GAMES. CrossOver Games enabled you to install office 2007 inside your linux/mac!
2. After CrossOver Games already installed, go to ~/cxgames/lib/wine and copy the rpcrt4.dll.so to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 you will need to re-name the pointer rpcrt4.dll that is currently in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 to *.bak and then re-name the rpcrt4.dll.so to rpcrt4.dll .
3. While your already in /system32 re-name the msxml3.dll also to *.bak
4. the next thing to do is run winecfg again and set msxml3.dll and rpcrt4.dll to “native windows” select save and exit.
5. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML)
after the download cd to the directory where you saved it and run.
$ msiexec /i msxml3.msi
6. MOUNT your office 2007 DVD with the option -o unhide. This method will avoid having problems with the hidden files during installation.
Mount and cd to your disk and start the install.
mount -t iso9660 -o unhide /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom0
Jo@Ubuntu:~$ cd /media/cdrom0
Jo@Ubuntu:/media/cdrom0$ wine setup.exe
Some Problem with this office 2007 linux:
1. There must be some unsolved bugs in here.
2. If you are not have any crossover games, it’s probably a good time to become a customer or, the other way is download the crossover torrent(I warn you, it’s illegal!). But here is some tricks not to use the crossover, manual installation by using TRiX to install native DCOM and MS XML, instead of using built in DLL’s from
crossover. It will saves you from buying it!
3. Currently Outlook does not run; however, the next release of Bordeaux will support Outlook
2003 and 2007.
4. To all the Ubuntu users trying to get this to work: Ubuntu has Wine 1.0.0 in it’s repositories at the moment. By downloading the latest Wine you can install Office 2007 with default settings (You don’t have to mess with the dll:s).
Download the latest Wine as described here.
Install Office 2007 with Wine (Don’t mess with the dll:s).
If you want to use Powerpoint,
then you have to set riched20.dll to native-then-builtin (Messing with the dll:s) as described
here. You don’t have to download anything, just set the dll to native-then-built in.
Yes, I know this is a Linux Blog. But what’s wrong if I also gives some review to Micro$oft Windows? Somehow, I think we also should give this OS some chance .
Windows 7 is predicted will be the successor of Windows Vista(this OS will replace the dying vista, in my opinion they’re made a big mistakes by released windows vista). So, Microsoft gonna release windows 7 in middle of 2009 to 2010(only 2-3 years after vista released). Well, the first thing that on my mind is seems to be microsoft doesn’t want to defer the time for more with those new operating system. Windows se7en already predicted will be release in Jan 2010. And right now I also find some interesting screenshots about this OS, take a look at those screenshots:
You can try windows 7 on october 2008, there will available a beta version to try. And here are screenshots of windows 7 renewed application like calculator, control panel, and paint:
New control panel look
New look with the calculator
Customize your own task
The ribbon concept for internet explorer??
Well, that’s my reviews and comments from me, (some Linux users are Windows users also after all ) . I’ll really appreciate some comments, critism and sugestion also.
Here are more screenshots(the latest windows 7 pre-beta release).
As you can see, a renewed taskbar
And the download links for windows 7 beta will be added soon, windows 7 beta 1 will be release in december 2008. Let’s hope that this OS will be much better than vista . But, still in my opinion, Ubuntu is still the best Operating System that I’ve ever use!! Have no regret to said that. I’ll keep update this post.
Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms. Unlike dictionary and brute-force atacks, rainbow attacks cannot be used to crack password hashes of unlimited length.
The ophcrack LiveCD contains a full linux system (SLAX), ophcrack for linux and rainbow tables for alphanumerical passwords.
The liveCD cracks passwords automatically, no installation necessary, no admin password necessary (as long as you can boot from CD). Release 1.1.4 cracks Windows Vista SAM.
It allows for testing the strength of passwords on a Windows machine without having to install anything on it. Just put it into the CD-ROM drive, reboot and it will try to find a Windows partition, extract its SAM and start auditing the passwords.
- » Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, …
- » Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- » Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- » Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- » LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- » Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- » Free and open source software (GPL).
Screenshots(click to enlarge):