Ubuntu Unleashed 2011 Edition: Covering 10.10 and 11.04, 6th Edition
* Install and configure Ubuntu
* Get all your system’s devices and peripherals up and running
* Configure and customize your graphic user interface
* Manage Linux services and users
* Secure your machine and your network from intruders
* Configure a firewall
* Share files with Windows users using Samba
* Get productive with office tools
* Use multimedia programs
* Play games
* Set up and run various types of servers
* Learn the basics of several programming languages
* Learn how to write a software application quickly
* Participate in Ubuntu QA testing
* Tune your system for maximum performance
* Learn to manage and compile the kernel and modules
Get ready guys, one of the most anticipated game in 2011 will be released for Linux as well in March 2011.
OilRush is a real-time strategy game based on group control. It offers mechanics of a classical RTS combined with a Tower Wars genre: control the upgrade of production platforms as well as their defense forces, and send battle groups of naval and air units to capture enemy platforms and oil rigs.
The game can be played with your friends over LAN or Internet.
Oh well, I will install this game, for sure!
More screenshots .
My first post will be based on this link. How to install Android 2.2 in iPhone 3Gs, with the help of Ubuntu Karmic.
Yeah, yet another great news(perhaps old one). If you could see the Gnome Release Schedule, there is an eye catching schedule to be released after Gnome 2.91
I thought most people are currently waiting for the new breakthrough from Gnome, which is Gnome 3.0. I’m personally pretty excited when I saw that Gnome 3.0 is listed and scheduled to be released on April 2011. I hope some of my expectations for Gnome 3.0 in year 2008 can be implemented into this upcoming new generation of Windows Manager.
Here is the screenshot of 3.0 release schedule:
And here is the first milestone release screenshot of gnome 3:
More information about Gnome 3.0 can be viewed on this website.
Ubuntu 10.10 has been released, lets we take a look of the newest version of Ubuntu 10.10.
Finally after months of waiting, the Ubuntu development team has finally released the Ubuntu official open font, or you name it Ubuntu Font Family.